Wednesday 30 July 2014

No-Knead bread

Tonight is leftovers for the kids so to fill out the meal I thought I would try out one of those No-Knead Artisan breads.  I made the Rosemary Focaccia.  The recipe said to put the dough in an 8-inch square pan.  I thought that would be way too small so I used a 9-inch square.  I still think it is too small.

When I've made it in the past, I've free-formed it on a baking sheet.  I think I'll do that the next time.  The kids really liked this, though.  I sampled a teeny bit (I don't really eat bread anymore) and the No-Knead gives it a bit of a different texture.  Not unpleasant or anything, just slightly different than traditional kneaded focaccia.

The kids couldn't wait for a piece so the loaf already has been cut so that's why it looks a bit small.  LOL



0 comments: